Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Maid of Honor vs My Best Friend's Wedding

I know another post was already made about Maid of Honor by Cam, but has anyone also noticed that Maid of Honor just seems like My Best Friend's Wedding (another romantic comedy staring Julia Roberts) in reverse?

I have not yet seen Maid of Honor so I cannot totally confirm my point but from the previews it seems just like the same movie only with a guy instead of a girl.

My Best Friend's Wedding, for those who have not seen it, is about a woman named Julianne Potter (Julia Roberts) is best friend's with a man named Michel O'Neal (Dermot Mulroney) who has just decided to get married to a young, 20 year old woman named Kimberly (Cameron Diaz). Kim asks Julianne to be her Maid of Honor despite only knowing her for a few days. Julianne becomes jealous and tries to break up the wedding in order to get her best friend back for herself.

Now doesn't this seem like Maid of Honor? This is about a man named Tom Baily (Patrick Dempsey) who is in love with his best friend Claire. Claire has recently decided to marry a man named Colin. Claire asks Tom Baily to be her Maid of Honor. Tom must find out if he really wants to be with Claire or not.

hmm.. what do you think? same movie just roles reversed?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are totally right! But I still love them both. lol